Kimberly Maevers – Founder of The Smiling Workforce Consulting Group and a Certified JPEA™ Practitioner
Has a passion for and experience with family owned, small business and non– profit organizations. Her training as a JPEA™ practitioner enables her to facilitate the “discussion” with the business community when addressing the opportunities and challenges they face in the workplace.
- A native of the Antelope Valley and a graduate of Quartz Hill High School, Antelope Valley College and Colorado State University.
- Began her career in Land Development and Real Estate in 1985.
- In 1993 was hired as Executive Officer of the Building Industry Assn., A.V Chapter.
- In 1996 left the A.V. to assume the role of Director of Community Affairs for the Home Builders Assn. of Northern CO. in Windsor, Colorado.
- Spent 14 years in Colorado, serving as Executive Director of several housing related non-profits, as an economic developer, an affordable housing specialist, and a small business advocate.
- In 2008, purchased an international custom homebuilding franchise and was managing partner of that company until leaving Colorado to return to the AV in summer of 2010.
- As a passionate pet lover, Kimberly trained and received her Certification as a Professional Pet Sitter and founded Fun Fur U – In Home Pet Sitting in 2009. She specializes in the care of Special Needs animals, the bored and highly active critters.
- In 2011, she received her Certification as a JPEA™ Practitioner and is collaborating with her long-time friend and colleague, John J. Perry, in the field of organizational
- development, leadership & management training, and strategic planning facilitation.
- Founded “The Smiling Workforce Consulting Group” and is actively marketing Certified JPEA™ Practitioners.
- In her spare time, she enjoys high energy sports like wake-boarding, snow skiing, bicycle and Harley riding. She is also a loyal and vocal fan of her beloved Denver Bronco’s and the Colorado Avalanche!